Lead Skills Mentor
We have a vacancy for the exciting new role of Lead Skills Mentor, to oversee the deployment of Learning & Development resources across Assembly, in partnership with the Skills Mentors, the New Starter Trainers, their Shift Manager and the Senior Manager, Learning and Development.
A key responsibility will be to support a learning culture within Assembly, encouraging continuing learning and improved business performance while challenging current practices and driving improvements in processes and systems, including driving improvements in the performance of the Skills Mentors and other employees with training responsibilities.
Other responsibilities of the Lead Skills Mentor;
- TEAM DEVELOPMENT. Provide performance management, coaching and training to the Skills Mentors and New Starter Trainers in order continuously to improve the standard of their training delivery. Build the Trainers' awareness of Standard Operating Procedures and Work Instructions and drive a culture in which SOP’s and WI’s are the standard against which people are trained.
- QUALITY MANAGEMENT. Drive consistency of approach across Assembly in how training records are maintained, carrying out periodic audits of training records to ensure consistency and compliance with Company standards and liaising with Assembly management for corrective actions when necessary.
- L&D STRATEGY. Work with Learning and Development Management to keep up to date with current thinking in L&D, establishing or exceeding best practice for the role.
- TRAINING DESIGN AND DELIVERY. Work with Assembly Management to design and deliver training or briefing sessions in support of business objectives, carrying out “Train the Trainer” activities with other Skills Mentors and other skilled employees as required.
- PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT. Support Assembly management in the timely and accurate completion of their shifts’ Performance and Development Plans. Provide advice and guidance to management on the availability of training to support their teams’ development objectives.
- CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT. Streamline, challenge and improve current processes, procedures and systems in own area of work and recommend changes to others' work areas where appropriate.
- ADHOC ACTIVITIES. Support Assembly Management with adhoc tasks as required, including (but not limited to) project activities, providing reports, conducting risk assessments and working as an Assembly Operator.