A new opportunity has arisen for an Environmental Health and Safety Manager. This position is to ensure that site EHS risks are kept to a minimum through the effective management and site based development of the Estee Lauder Environmental Health and Safety Management system including EHS policies, procedures and legislative compliance. Also providing EHS specialist direction and support to all operational areas of the Whitman Site through incident investigations, training , guidance as required whilst providing effective site based and global EHS reports and metrics.
• Provides expertise, support, direction and guidance on all environmental health and safety matters to minimise operational risk and maintain compliance with corporate , UK legal and other requirements.
• Support Accident investigations, Emergency situations, accident reporting (RIDDOR) and root cause analysis and trending.
• Work in conjunction with Department Managers to assist in the Risk Assessment process, Safe Systems of Work, policy writing, training and behavioural based safety programs (BBS).
• Conduct and report on EHS MS Audits and inspections to ensure site compliance with Safety and Environmental processes, procedures and legal compliance
• Review, maintain and develop site EHS policies & procedures as required to accommodate changes in business operations or for new or updated legislation.
• Maintain EHS records and reporting at both site and global levels
• Ensure effective management and continuous improvement of all site Waste Streams to meet corporate and legal requirements
• Undertake minor improvement projects and provide EHS guidance through major capital projects and through the ‘Change Management’ process.
• Identify and Coordinate EHS Capital funding and project execution.
• Management of the EHS Financial overhead Budget.